Candles are not a JOKE. They can cause serious damages when not handled properly. PLEASE NEVER leave a candle unattended. If you are stepping out of the room for a second blow it out! They are not toys we play with. Fire is unpredictable and it’s in your home. It’s important to ALWAYS follow the safety instructions (they on the back of each Spiral Melt strip). Please read the steps to burning Spiral Melt Candles below.
ALWAYS place on a non-porous heat-resistant container with walls to catch molten wax.
NEVER put water on any type of fire to extinguish it. The water expands violently and throws the hot wax layer above it into the air as small droplets. The wax now has a much bigger surface area exposed to oxygen so combustion takes place very quickly. For similar reasons, water should never be used to extinguish burning grease or fat, which both behave similarly to wax.